Name of the Organization:College “Y” Club (CYC)
Member School of YMCA MANILA
Objective of the Organization:
The objective of the CYC is to seek every opportunity to grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially and to become proficient in Christian democratic leadership so as to serve GOD, our country and our fellowmen in the best possible way.
The College Y committed to the enlistment of the quality of life of the Filipinos through the development of the youth into future leaders of the country; committed to rising the youth into God-centered and morally upright men and women imbued with an entrepreneurial spirit and seeking opportunities towards spiritual, physical and mental growth as adheres to and promotes mission of the YMCA of the Philippines to be a just and humane society:
The College Y aims to be an ideal local association efficient in resource management and responsive to the needs of the youth and the community.
College Y is an organization concerned with the proper development of college students particularly in the fields of Christian democratic leadership. Its goal is to prepare our youth for competent and responsible citizenship through the development of right concepts trough the promotion of activities which serve as workshops for the development of the individual in the community.
- Recruit and orient students who will be involved in the College Y club ( 7 recruit members)
- Club Management Training – College Y Club Student Leaders Training – attended last August 14-15, 2010 at Luisa Ridge Resort, Calamba Laguna ( for the officers)
- College Y Advisers Training –attended last August 21-22, 2010 at Luisa Ridge Resort, Calamba Laguna (for the adviser)
- Oratorical Contest – joined by Mr. Val Vinalon
- 35th YMCA National Congress of College Students Seminar- Workshop – attended last December 8-12, 2010 at Senior Mess, Teacher’s Camp, Baguio City.
- 15th YMCA National Campus Club Advisers’ Seminar-Workshop – attended last December 8-12, 2010 at Senior Mess, Teacher’s Camp, Baguio City.
- Christmas Party – College Y Officers, members and advisers – December 18, 2010, YMCA Manila.
- College-Y Sportsfest – participants are all interested College-Y Club and advisers.
- “L I F T” Leadership-In-Focus Training – participants are the recognized organizations of the institutions on the 2nd week of February (subject for approval).
- Adopt-A-Community Program – All College Y Clubs and members.
Since the College Y Club is not fully introduced to the body of students, the organization is a non-profit and cannot generate fund as of the moment, projects are not given much attention yet but focus on developing leaders